Sunday 13 October 2013

Seven Hours Six Minutes

I arrived at Old Town church at 07.10 to try for the Grey-cheeked Thrush. At 14.16 I got it. Seven hours and six minutes leaning against a gate with a couple of unsuccessful, lung bursting sprints to break the monotony. A final sprint led to great views of the bird perched low in the shrubbery, but a last scramble gave crippling views as the bird hopped around the short cut grass of the graveyard. Over the moon is an understatement!

Grey-cheeked Thrush
 
First view
 
From our vigil at the gate we also had a Scilly Shrew, Wood Warbler, Yellow-browed Warbler, Chiffchaff and Blackcap.
 
Cheers to the lads for talking me out of getting the boat to St. Agnes.

2 comments:

  1. That will not be me your thanking then ;) lol. cracking tick! more to come i hope?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say "thanks to the lads for making me too paranoid to leave." We are just getting started on the ticking!

    ReplyDelete