Monday 23 March 2020

House Martin

My last day at work for a while finished after 5 mins this morning. Hopefully this won't go on for too long.

My earliest ever House Martin today, feeding over Birtley reed beds with a single Sand Martin. The previous earliest was on 7th April in both 2017 and 2019. Not much else, but several Chiffchaff were singing in the chilly breeze.

House Martin
Last week I caught up with the Bald Ibis at Stella that had given Paul H a fright and the Great White Egret at Longhirst Flash thanks to Dave E.

Bald Ibis
Great White Egret
A B-2 bomber flying south past Cresswell was a tick.

B-2

2 comments:

  1. GWE at Longhirst was my last bird before lockdown late yesterday morning ! It's goin g to be tough getting through this with no birding.... and in my case sport also. Keep safe mate.

    ReplyDelete