Monday 29 December 2014

Iceland

I woke at 4.30 this morning to the sound of a calling Tawny Owl, obviously fairly close to get through the double glazing. My first from home for 4 or 5 years.

No traffic this morning, so straight through to North Shields Fish Quay for the Iceland Gull. It took a while to find it, but after 45 mins I picked it up cruising through the harbour. It showed well on and off for several minutes, but on the south side of the sheds so difficult to photograph looking into the sun. Thankfully it was re-found sitting on the water within the harbour where I got lucky with some reflected colour from the fishing boats.

Iceland Gull





Back to Gateshead where despite extensive searching I couldn't dig out anything exciting. With frost and ice persisting all day the highlights being a Water Rail at Shibdon, a Buzzard at Burdon Moor and 20 Snipe at Far Pasture. The car park at Far Pasture held 2 Willow Tit and 2 Nuthatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment