Saturday 2 November 2013

Dogging

Frost on the car this morning. A great day for standing on the beach, in the cold, watching people run around, shouting while their dogs shitted happily. There was no Bonaparte's Gull at Stag Rocks today, it was holidaying at the dog-free Farnes. There was an adult Mediterranean Gull, 2 Kittiwake, 30+ Purple Sandpiper and 30+ Knot.

Purple Sandpiper
 
Rock Pipit
 
Once I was very cold I headed for a coffee at Seahouses and then the Long Nanny. It was raining now and after a slog from the car park I was pleased to find a couple of kind-hearted souls letting their two dogs run amok on the salt marsh. I bit my tongue, but met their hellos with a Paddington stare. I must be getting soft! Luckily just down stream from the bridge I found The flock of 50+ Twite, which gave great views in the murky light.
 
Twite
 
With nothing else about I headed south. Stopping just north of Howick to check out a Buzzard I found a flock of 300 Pink-footed Geese with 1 Barnacle Goose among them.
 
A call in at Shibdon gave 1 Black-tailed Godwit, 1 Ruff and 2 Dunlin.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment